Skip to main content

Toxic Estate Agency Staff


“I had to let my best performing salesperson go”

As a young Branch Manager, I tolerated this toxic employee for the sake of smashing the office targets.

I was also guilty of writing off my under performing employees.

I was seduced by being at the top of the league tables.

This sales person put their notice in, thinking I would buckle and give in to changing their work patterns and rewards.

I rang my new Area Manager, who gave me one Of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever had in business

‘Culture will always trump your office outcomes. Stand your ground Chris and remove the cancer from your office, and trust me, your team will rally’

Guess what, It did dip in the short term (I had a wobble) but we dogged deep and came back stronger as an office in the months and quarters thereafter.

Such an important lesson to learn

Have you had a similar lesson? What did it teach you?