Skip to main content

The addictive nature of listers?



One thing that worries me about the Estate Agency profession (and it’s been like this for decades) is the lack of vendor contact between the lister and vendor

It’s like most of the (and I stress not all) listers I have encountered in my 3q year career are addicted to the listing – like another notch in the bedpost – yet once the vendor is conquered, they constantly have to satisfy themselves with new listings. Hell I was so guilty of this myself when I was a lister

“Looking after the listings is Negs work”, and anyway, “I haven’t got time to do vendor calls”, retort listers

The issue is that every homeowner who's looking to put their home on the market is looking for an estate Agent that will be distinctive & irreplaceable and provide worth & value as an individual person.

The vendor employed YOU to sell it, not LIST it

Yet how many of you listers religiously call every one of your vendors at least every fortnight?

Or do you leave that to your Neg?

A person the vendor has never met?

Yes, your Neg might be ace, yet the vendor chose you

Why not start making vendor calls with a direction, a purpose, and an urge that can't be denied every fortnight to the vendor that would make Lord Sugar bow down and say you’re hired.

Think fortnightly is too much?

The Aussie agents religiously have daily calls with their vendors
Is it any wonder their fees are higher?

PS This is not a dig at Listers ... and many listers I know are not like this - it's just the majority I have met. Whatever camp you are in - this post is designed to make you think - not criticise