Skip to main content

‘Do your videos on social media get you more clients Chris?’

‘Do your videos on social media get you more clients Chris?’

‘I don’t know’, was my reply to the agent

Of course, some of my clients come from me approaching them with traditional direct sales marketing techniques

Yet that is only around 20% of my clients

The other 80% approached me

Which sounds weird

Yet I have always believed money comes naturally when you get good at something.

I still have no clue where that 80% of clients came from. (Ie they watched this particular video and then this one - And then went into a sales funnel etc.)

Not knowing what the hell you are doing is the point.

Trying to plan how you will make money is like trying hard to fail.

I just go out there And produce content that I hope will be of interest to my potential clients.

However, more importantly, is it I enjoy doing them in the first place.

Of course, I still wouldn’t be producing the number of videos 4 1/2 years later (after filming in excess of 2,050 videos) if I didn’t believe they worked

I just don’t know which ones are the ones that do work

The important thing you must consider before starting this journey of selfless content marketing

Earning money from your content can be a distraction.

I see it with many people all the time.

They think they have the right to get business within a matter of months because they started a podcast or YouTube channel.

My wife Jo-Anne was still questioning whether we should be doing the videos after two years (Remember each person that sits on my sofa costs me many hundreds of pounds)

I did the videos because I loved it.

And I did them to be helpful to others.

By getting addicted to those 2 things and you will become truly unstoppable.

Christopher

PS If anyone reading this is having a wobble with their content marketing, feel free to pick up the phone to me on (07950) 147572. I’ve been where you have been, had those same wobbles and stuck the course. Trust me, it’s worth the hard work and patience