Skip to main content

Dealing with trolls on social media

Dealing with trolls on social media

You are just going to have to accept there are some nasty, rude, mean people in this world

It’s so easy to get pi$$ed and lash out.

Yet after we do those things, whilst it felt good at the moment, those reactions seldom get you far in this world

What do smart people do?

When smart people experience such tw*tty behaviour, they ask themselves, ‘have I been harmed by the actions of this person?‘

A troll making $hity comments isn't pleasant, yet what is the impact?

Hurt your feelings?

More like your pride and ego

In true reflection, nasty words are just that - words... And that hasn't harmed you.

I get loads of nasty comments, especially on Property Industry Eye over the years

Yet I have empathy for these rude people.

Maybe they have personal low self-esteem.

Perhaps being rude is a disguise for their own personal problems

Replying back with hate keeps alive the hate

It's vicious ⭕️

I have found the finest way to respond to someone who’s being a troll on social is to not be a tw*t in return.

Instead, I use the 1,2,3 method

1. Thank them for their comment and for letting me know how they feel about this topic. Eg Jim (always use their name), thanks for your comment and let me know how you feel

2. Look at their point and agree and disagree with it eg I’m not sure I agree with you on everything you said about (insert details)

3. Ask a question back… eg ‘yet I would love to learn a bit more about your thought process as your words really got me thinking’

So tell me Facebook, how do you deal with trolls on social media?

Please like the post - not for my vanity - but ensure others who might need this help get to see it

Love you all

Christopher