Skip to main content

Women in Estate & Letting Agency


I love seeing women-led estate and letting agencies rising to the top!

Yet I have been told it can be tough for women who are just starting.

Over the years I have interviewed many of the greatest UK Estate & Letting women Agents, and here are the 5 crucial tips I have learned from them, that aspiring female estate & letting agents could learn from:

1. Stop underestimating yourself

The women I have interviewed all seem to have underestimated themselves in the past

Most told me they put a stop to that underestimation and just went for their dream.

99% of the time, they said it was scary as hell

Yet none of them would have made it if I had not tried.

2. Network, network, network

There are more opportunities out there when you work with people in your network. Remember that.

3. Become the expert

Men have a habit of blagging it, so most of the women I have interviewed have been big learners by going the extra three miles to gain experience in their field.

4. Stay away from negativity

It should not have an opportunity to fester on anybody's career path.

5. Confidence in one's self

It is a long journey to the top of the ladder.

And the very last person you want to have uncertainties about your potential is the person staring back at the mirror.

Believing in your own skills, aptitudes, and capabilities is the biggest hurdle to jump, man or woman

As a man, I think we could all learn from those five as well

Women reading this (and men come to think of it), what is another tip that you would add to this list?

PS I have a series of 20 videos of women talking about being a woman in Estate & Letting Agency. Check out my YouTube channel.