Skip to main content

Posting on social media as an Letting & Estate Agent

Posting on social media ... one of the best pieces of advice I can give you is to say stuff from your heart. I know that from time to time, I have caught myself beginning to decide ideas for posts based on how I thought others would perceive it. Think what would get likes and comments, rather than my truth and how I felt about it.

This week I had a 1hr zoom call with someone well known in the industry. At the end, the person said, ‘the real reason i wanted this call was to see if the Chris Watkin I saw on the screen was a facade or the real deal?’

Be true to yourself and post from the heart. Don’t judge yourself in views, likes and comments. They are just vanity metrics. The best things in life like friendship, empathy and trust can’t be measured with a number. You have to earn those things and you can only do that be true to yourself