Skip to main content

JOB TITLES IN ESTATE AGENCY...

In 1995 I was a Valuer for Halifax Estate Agents ...and I was hoovering listings like a Dyson on speed in my town. Then, another corporate tapped me up to join them. Five grand more and a step up on the motor.. heaven! So I went to see my boss, and she played the ultimate blinder on me

She knew how to play me. Two grand extra now and if I was a good boy in 6 months, I would get the title 'Senior Valuer'.

Only the revered listers got that title ... and like a big ol' fish .. I bit and she kept me.
I am glad I did (for other reasons) ... yet it made me realise, depending on which side of the fence you are sitting (boss or lister)how you could play this game
From a boss's point of view, you could negotiate a change in job title when you cant afford a salary increase or a better commission structure.
For you employees - please don’t fall for 'job title bazaar'. Nobody cares about your job title - it only matters to you and your Mum. Clients decide in their own mind what your real title is based on how you treat them.