Skip to main content

Slagging off the competition in Estate Agency

Some Estate Agents have been known to speak ill of their competitor agents in their FV pitch. If I had a £1 for every time some Valuer or Branch Manager say, “There is no way they can offer a decent level of service on such low fees and run a business model that isn’t sustainable in the long run.” ….yet they are still in business years later and show no signs of disappearing.

Nevertheless, I think there is a better way to talk about your competitor agents at the free val

“We know [insert name of agent] well. So much so, we have many acquaintances and friends at that agency. They do decent work as an agent, yet we have vastly different ideas about how to sell(let) property. Do you mind if I share with you what makes us different as an agent?”

You see, I believe being in estate agency (and lettings) is all about relationships, its about saying the right thing and then committing to it, I believe we as agents should work extremely hard at selecting the right words that make those conversations valuable and beneficial to the recipient, because my intuition tells me if you do that, you will earn the right to go from one stage of the sales pitch to the next step.. and by doing so, connecting together the commitments which essential to turn the that free val into a listing