Skip to main content

Brace Yourself: Self Congratulatory Q1 Videos Coming In



Brace yourself Estate Agents for the onslaught of self-congratulatory, egotistical, and bragging videos and graphics of how awesome an estate agency has done in Q1 on social media.

Be honest - You do it to please yourself and pi$$ off your competitors

Vendors don’t care

Other people don’t care

And before you all jump on me and say can’t we celebrate success?

HELL YES!

Being humble and not talking about your accomplishments will be detrimental to your estate agency business

Yet if your content is Willy waving (or whatever Ladies shake or wave) - it will be seen as bragging

There are much smarter ways, as an Estate Agent, that you can show your successes

Why not tell great stories instead?

Humans live stories and are more likely to remember them

Show gratitude for those numbers. I have a friend of a friend who is at the top of the U.K. standing for a particular sport.

I met him years ago for a matter of a few minutes and yet still I remember him today.

He wasn’t shy about his achievements — he was proud of them.

Yet when I showed my wonder at the amount of recognition he had received, he turned his head to me, raised his eyebrows, turned his head, and grinned nicely, as if to say, “I bloody can not believe it either! 😂🤣😂”

By any standard, he was a successful sportsperson.

Yet, I believe what made him so memorable after all these years, was that he was genuinely and humbly grateful for his own successes.

You have to make posts people will remember

Christopher

PS if you have seen one of these posts in the wild - cut and paste the link to the post in the comments and I will investigate and report back!