Skip to main content

Cold emailing does work ..if you do it correctly

I was forwarded an email yesterday from one of my clients who has been trying some new techniques on the 'landlord farming' technique.

This one invloves capturing the email addresses of all the movers and shakers in the town (nothing new there), but then (this is new) sending a specific type of email to them on a regular basis.

It is in essence a cold email ... but just look at the responce he got from one person. (names and place names have been removed to protect my client but I have an orginal copy)


Hi ******,

I'm not entirely sure how I ended up on your email list as I don't remember actively signing up (though I dare say I gave permission somewhere along the line).

I normally delete these kind of emails straight off without reading, but for some reason (probably the title of the email) I clicked and read, and I'm glad I did.  I just wanted to drop you a quick email to say that I really enjoyed reading what you had to say.

I'm currently in the process of saving a deposit for a BTL in ********, and you have leaped (leapt?) ahead of other estate agents with this mail for when I do finally get that deposit together.

Just thought you may like to know that e-marketing works!

All the best
         *******