Skip to main content

Why Estate and Letting Agents Should Put More Effort Into Posting Their Content On LinkedIn

Most Estate Agents really misjudge the power of posting their content on LinkedIn.

It might be it's because LinkedIn isn't "cool" like other social media platforms,

Or probably it's because most agents go for short-term gains & totally forget about playing the long game.

I sometimes ask my new estate or letting agents, when they sign up for my business generation services for their agency, "how did you initially hear about me?"

The reply with the highest answer is 'LinkedIn', yet what I learn in the follow-up question is what matters.

"Yes Chris, I initially saw you on Facebook. I have been following you for a few years now. Yet it's stuff on Linkedin which is a bit deeper that made me reach out to you when I decided I needed better content to attract landlords and vendors to my agency."

Isn't that awesome?

I spend zero pounds on LinkedIn adverts, just time spent, around 200 minutes a week, making the content and replying to comments.

Over time my content marketing strategy works for me... and it can for you too.

Slow at the start, yet surely, it helps me build relationships, as people get to know, then like, then trust me with those people who are connected with me.

And when agents are ready for content for their own social media to attract more landlords and vendors, I am the first one they message.

If you are looking for new ways to land more listings, then stop looking for the shortcut and simply start posting more helpful, interesting, selfless content on LinkedIn instead.