Skip to main content

LinkedIn Hashtags Killing Your Posts: Here's Why


LINKEDIN TOP TIP FROM WATKIN ... Overusing hashtags on LinkedIn looks desperate, kills your post in unnecessary noise, switches people off, and will get you penalised by LinkedIn’s algorithm.

I mean, when was the last time you clicked on a hashtag on LinkedIn?

Not many.

All you Instaaa kiddies love your hashtags and they advise upto 20 hashtags on that platform, yet LinkedIn ain’t Insta!

Trust me, if you are hash-tagging every possible keyword on LinkedIn in the hope of being found in every possible search, you will put more people off than attract them to you.

Hashtags make you look salesy and desperate- it looks like you are trying too hard.

Instead, if you are an Estate & Letting agent select only two (three at the very most) hashtags and use them strategically WITHIN the post like #this as text that flows.

What sort of hashtags as an Estate & Letting Agent?

The name of the town you operate in.

I live in #Grantham - look see what I did there.

If I were an agent in Grantham - all my clients come from Grantham - so in all my posts I just tag my town.

Remember, less is more!