Skip to main content

Estate Agency Video: Knowing When To Continue vs Knowing When to Quit

The time I nearly gave up doing my videos

I see so many people start their video journey in estate agency, yet get frustrated when they get no business from it in a few months.

So they then quit - 

I know why they quit...

I have nearly quit video so many times

I have learned one cannot have an absence of willpower in this video / personal brand game

Yet willpower itself won’t suffice in this game

Two years after starting the WatkinSofa chats, Jo my wife (and 50% owner of our business) asked a perfectly good question.

“You are spending £1,500 a month on interviewing people on ‘that’ sofa”

(‘that’ wasn’t said nicely)

“How much business have you had from it?”

I replied, “None”

“So why are will doing them?”

“Do you trust me Jo?, I asked

“Of course I do!”, she replied

Now 3 years later after that chat, look where we are!

I have to thank all the people who travelled up to Grantham to sit on the WatkinSofa as I am about to complete my 2,000th interview.

I must thank my wife Joanne for believing in me finally must thank you for taking the time and trouble to watch and listen to them.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do making them

And the big lesson learned… you are going need to go through insuperable and overwhelming $hit to really get the ball rolling with video and personal branding

Not months, yet a couple of years of absolutely nothing … then 💥