Skip to main content

The Story of House Sellers


The vast majority of time, people buy from people they trust .. not companies they trust … people they trust

Yes, there are the ‘super-brand’ league status of the likes of Marks and Spencer, Apple, John Lewis or Waitrose … where people trust the companies blindly … but no estate agency – not even Savills are in that league

So, it intrigues why most estate agents are trying to force their ‘agency’s message’ on potential house sellers when those potential house sellers much more prone to be convinced by their fellow house seller? 

Why the hell do you think Purplebricks put so much on their Trustpilot scores in their marketing.

Still dont believe me? You based spending half a month’s salary on the words of a complete stranger after looking at TripAdvisor

Yet, I believe people are starting to disbelieve some review sites. Some say they are made up… and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I agree.

So, I thought, there has to be another way. Another way to get that review, that testimonial, across in a way that other people will believe it. 

Therefore, I thought of the standard testimonial video, yet we have all seen the scripted 60 second standard testimonial video … “I used [insert name of agent] and would thoroughly recommend them to anyone else”… nobody believes them either nowadays.

That had to be another way … so I went looking .. and I found the answer. Through lots of research, I found human beings emphasis and associate with people and stories like their own life.

So, if we can get a house seller to tell THEIR story, of how they used a cr*p/cheap/$hit/call centre [delete as appropriate] … and then came your agency and how you saved them … 

It’s called the “house sellers’ journey”

I will releasing some example “house sellers’ journey” videos in the coming months .. so, watch out for them in my YouTube channel (remember, I don’t post everything I do on this social media – so ensure you subscribe to my channel so you don’t miss anything – NB just type in my full name into YouTube and you will see my channel there). 

Early results suggest they are very powerful when it comes to attracting home owners to an agency. 



Soon, I will testing the principle for landlords to letting agents in the late Autumn. 

Again, I will keep you all in the loop and share with you the techniques and questioning / interview styles to ensure you to can get the free vals / listings and commission you deserve

Remember my friends, people do not like to be sold to, yet they do like to buy. So, let them come to their own conclusion, that they need you (and your agency) by letting a fellow house sellers story do the talking for you, instead of you trying to convince them to use your estate agency